Which Security Firms are eligible to seek ACS approval?
Most businesses that provide licensable individuals under a contract to supply security industry services in the United Kingdom will be eligible to gain ACS approval via the ACM-CCAS Passport Scheme. However, in-house security providers are not eligible for the ACM-CCAS Passport Scheme as this activity is not licensable under the PSIA.
To be eligible, you must:
- Be a business that supplies at least two licensable operatives, under a contract for security industry in each sectors for which you are applying
- Supply licensable individuals under a contract for security industry services. Labour providers are not eligible to seek approval to the ACM-CCAS Passport Scheme
- Supply security industry services in the United Kingdom under a contract
- Hold at least one contract for the supply of security industry services
- Have been supplying security industry services for at least 12 months at the time of application
What’s the process?
To qualify to be assessed to the ACM-CCAS Passport Scheme, you must meet the following due diligence criteria in addition to the above eligibility criteria:
- Have your authorisation letter from the SIA
- Hold a satisfactory credit rating
- Have no outstanding county court judgements
- Appointed Directors not to have liquidated a company within the last 12 months etc
Only when you have the ACM-CCAS due diligence criteria, can you proceed.
Please note by achieving the passport scheme with ACM-CCAS, does not automatically guarantee certification to the Approved Contractor Scheme (ACS) as ultimately the final decision is determined by the SIA.
Activities/sectors we are approved to certificate under the ACM-CCAS Passport Scheme:
- Door Supervision
- Key holding
- Public Space Surveillance (CCTV)
- Security Guarding.
The assessment criteria for the Passport Scheme is ISO 9001, 14001, and/or 45001 as well as British Standards Product Conformity Security British Standard Codes of Practice ie BS 7858 and the relevant BS security codes of practice within the scope of assessment e.g. BS7499. SIA Regulator Principles ACM-CCAS Passport Scheme Specification Technical Note.
Carrying out assessments as a part of the ACM-CCAS Passport Scheme eliminates duplication of work in turn saving you time and money.
Please note by achieving completing ACS with ACM-CCAS, does not automatically guarantee certification to the Approved Contractor Scheme (ACS) as ultimately the final decision is determined by the SIA.
Ready to take the next step?
If you’re ready to take the next step, fill in our online application form and one of our team will be in touch.