Migrate to the new health and safety standard
Historically, many organisations managed health and safety through OHSAS 18001. This is now being replaced by ISO 45001, the new global health and safety management system. Organisations who are starting the certification process from the beginning will be certified to the ISO 45001:2018.
If your organisation currently hold OHSAS 18001, you’ll need to go through the ISO 45001 migration process.
What are the benefits of the ISO 45001 standard?
- International recognition
- Integrate more easily with other standards like ISO 9001 and ISO 14001
- Align with other national health and safety standards and avoid confusion
What are the potential challenges of ISO 45001 migration?
- A change in auditor due to a new framework
- Upcoming audits might take longer to complete
- New complexity issues
Whatever the potential impact, we’ll work closely with you to ensure as smooth migration as possible.
What happens next?
The first thing you’ll need to do is fill in an application form and we’ll be in touch with a quote. As you start to implement the changes, we’ll do an ISO 45001 gap analysis between the two standards, and get you booked onto one of our workshops for more information on what’s changing.