Appeals (Situation where the auditee and the certification body cannot agree on a decision affecting the certification).
- All appeals and disputes will be taken seriously and given high priority for action.
- Formal proceedings will be initiated if the appeal is:
- Made in writing to ACM Certification Ltd
- From an outstanding dispute
- Received by Head Office within 10 working days of a decision being given to the client by an auditor and/or management
- The Compliance Director shall advise the agent/client in writing, stating the actions to be taken and also draw their attention to the Rules of Registration (a copy to be supplied if the client has not retained their copy of their application form).
- A copy of the letter will be held in the client file and a copy in the appeals file.
- When the Compliance Director receives an appeal, the senior management must be immediately informed, and they will form an appeal review panel comprising the Compliance Director and scheme manager and at least one additional member. They will review and respond to the appeal within 10 working days.
- The panel must not have any involvement with the appellant and any interest must be declared. Any member with an interest must not be allowed to sit on the panel.
- The date and time of the meeting will be notified to the agent who will inform the appellant in writing that the appeal is to be discussed.
- The appeals panel shall review all evidence submitted.
- Minutes of the meeting shall be made with a copy held in the client file and in the appeals file.
- The decision of the appeals panel shall be final and shall be recorded in writing, with copies to the appellant, the Scheme Manager and the Executive Director.
- Submission, investigation and decision on appeals shall not result in any discriminatory actions against the appellant
If any appellant is not satisfied with the decision, they would be advised to contact the original certificational body who may carry out an investigation of the appeals and disputes process in accordance with the specified regulations.